I was recently inspired by Amber’s blog post, “What are Your Little Things?” and decided to write my own version.
Work has been incredibly stressful at the moment so finding the little moments that bring me peace and happiness keep me sane.
So let’s dive in:
- Avoiding my email first thing in the morning. I have the worst habit of waking up and looking at my email before I’m fully awake which only leads to a stressful morning. I now wait at least an hour before opening my inbox to allow myself to fully wake up and enjoy my mornings.
- HIIT afternoon workout. I usually hit a work slump around 3pm so I take advantage of that time and throw in a workout. An intense cardio workout honestly feels so good after a usually stressful day.
- Night strength training or yoga sesh. My favourite thing ever is to complete a light workout in the dark with candles lit. It’s the perfect way to wind down and get ready for bed. I’m usually a terrible sleeper, I toss and turn for hours before I pass out so I’ve found this incredibly helpful.
- Journaling. I’ve been pretty bad it lately but I find the 5 Minute Journal perfect for a quick and easy way to get your thoughts out on paper.
- Reading. I’ve always made the excuse that I have no time to read but that is clearly me lying to myself. I recently picked up this book and it’s such a good read. I highly recommend it if you are into space as much as I am.
- Afternoon walks. When you work from home you *need* to get out once and awhile so I try to get out even if it’s a short walk to get coffee.
- Laying in bed at night while listening to music or catching up on true crime documentaries :p
- Looking up in the night sky while appreciating being here on earth with everything and everyone I have in my life.
I could probably go on and on but I’ll leave it at that.